In this documentation page you’ll find answers for frequently asked questions about Google Analytics Dashboard for WP.
If you have any errors displayed under Google Analytics -> Errors & Debug, you should start by checking these error codes first.
If you can’t find the right answer, go to WordPress.org support forums and drop a question there. Try to give as many details as possible about your issue.
What should I do if the Select View drop-down list is empty?
When Properties / Views list is empty or a Property not found message is displayed check if:
- you’re using the right Google account while authorizing the plugin (if you have multiple Google accounts).
- you have a Google Analytics account with at least one property and a view created; to properly configure your Google Analytics account follow this tutorial.
How to make sure you are using the right Google account?
- Open a new window in your browser using the Incognito/Private feature. To open an incognito window in Google Chrome use CTRL+SHIFT+N; to open a private window in Mozilla Firefox use CTRL+SHIFT+P.
- Navigate to your website in the newly opened window, login and go to Google Analytics -> General Settings screen.
- If the plugin is already authorized, click on Clear Authorization button to revoke the authorization.
- Re-authorize the plugin and make sure you log into the right Google account while authorizing.