In this documentation page you’ll find answers for frequently asked questions about Google Analytics Dashboard for WP.
If you have any errors displayed under Google Analytics -> Errors & Debug, you should start by checking these error codes first.
If you can’t find the right answer, go to WordPress.org support forums and drop a question there. Try to give as many details as possible about your issue.
The blue progress bar is loading slowly and no report/error is displayed, why?
This usually happens when there is no access to wp-admin/admin-ajax.php or something else prevents a proper ajax response:
- issues generated by security plugins that are disabling access to wp-admin directory (check your plugin settings).
- issues generated by minification plugins (check your plugin settings).
- issues generated by cache plugins (check your plugin settings).
- rules in your .htaccess file (in Apache) meant to disable access to admin-ajax.php, to wp-admin or to password protect the wp-admin directory (check .htaccess or your server configuration file).
- hosting provider firewalls, mod_security rules or other WAFs preventing access to admin-ajax.php (contact your hosting provider).
- a memory limit or a plugin conflict.
There are multiple causes that can generate plugin conflicts. Once you’ve identified a plugin generating a conflict it would be a good idea to contact the plugin author and let him know about it.
The simplest way to debug this issue is to:
- disable all plugins except for Google Analytics Dashboard for WP.
- enable one plugin at the time and check Google Analytics -> General Settings at each step.
- when the Google Analytics -> General Settings screen gets empty again or a fatal error is thrown you’ve identified the conflicting plugin.
You can also check your PHP error log and try to identify the conflict based on errors thrown there.