In this documentation page you’ll find answers for frequently asked questions about Google Analytics Dashboard for WP.
If you have any errors displayed under Google Analytics -> Errors & Debug, you should start by checking these error codes first.
If you can’t find the right answer, go to WordPress.org support forums and drop a question there. Try to give as many details as possible about your issue.
I get a “Bad Request” error while trying to authorize the plugin. How can I fix it?
If a white screen with a Bad Request 404 or 400 error is displayed while trying to authorize the plugin, it’s because of a bad cookie.
To solve this issue try using other browsers or clear all your browser’s cookies. Deleting all Google cookies is usually enough.
- Open Google Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, click More.
- Go to More tools, and then click Clear browsing data.
- In the Clear browsing data box, click the checkboxes for Cookies and other site and plug-in data.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
To clear cookies in Mozilla Firefox follow these steps.
To clear cookies in Internet Explorer follow these steps.
To clear cookies in Safari follow these steps.